PRODUCTS & CARE
The Kvetna 1794 products are handmade in their family glass factory in Kvetna, Czech Republic.
Bohemian crystal is best-known for its sparkling clarity andKvetna 1794 is a world leader in glass craftsmanship. They use the highest quality raw materials to produce lead-free glassware with the best hand-crafted workmanship.
Since foundation of our factory in 1794, our dedicated glass artisans have refined the glassmaking process over the generations to achieve the highest quality of glass products using the original techniques of mouth-blowing and hand-shaping.
No. All Kvetna 1794 glass is lead-free and 100% safe.
Yes. All Kvetna 1794 wine glassware is dishwasher safe but the washing programme shall be set at Gentle mode not exceed temperatures of 60°C. We recommend washing Kvetna 1794 glassware in hand using warm water and mild detergent to increase the longevity of the products.
1. Wash gently. What does that mean? You can wash your glasses in the dishwasher without fear of them turning gray, but you should always use the gentle program and make sure that the glass cannot be mechanically damaged in the dishwasher – that is, that it stands properly, does not come into contact with other dishes and that the rinsing arms do not get caught on it. It is not recommended to clean thick-walled vessels such as carafes, vases and jugs in the dishwasher. For a perfect wash, it is enough to soak them in warm water with a little detergent; for hard-to-reach dirt, our dirt cleaner is the right thing for you.
2. Avoid large temperature fluctuations. A rapid change of heat (warm water) and cold (cold water, ice) is not good for the glass. Therefore, try not to expose glasses or jugs to temperature fluctuations.
3. Avoid bad polishing. Before you polish your glass, watch this short instructional video that will give you all the information you need.
Decorated glass care
1. Wash sparingly.Products decorated with gold do not belong in the dishwasher. Always wash them by hand and a gentleDetergent. Also beware of scrubbing too much.
2. Avoid large temperature fluctuations.Rapid changes between hot (warm water) and cold (cold water, ice) are bad for the glass.Try not to expose glasses, decanters or pitchers to temperature fluctuations
3. Store glassware dry.The reaction of the silver contained in the gold deposit, together with weathering effects, canlead to gradual corrosion of the gold decor. To avoid corrosion, store golddecorated glass in a completely dry environment.
4. Polish properly.If your gold decorated product is corroded, you can restore the originalQuality by carefully polishing it with a suitable product. For perfect polishingwe recommend SITOL, which is used for polishing glass, decorated glass and metals. Polishing must be done gently and only on the areas affected by corrosion. Aggressive polishing of the of the entire surface can damage the gold coating.